This crazy delicious Orange Cranberry Roast Chicken is covered with rosemary balsamic butter to keep it tender and juicy. It’s a super easy to make and healthy recipe that is as perfect for a weekend dinner as it is for a special holiday meal.
- 1 3-lb. whole chicken
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 1 large orange
Rosemary Balsamic Butter:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (use ghee for Whole30)
- 1 tablespoon reduced balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Zest from 1 orange (use the orange you’ll use for the chicken)
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Dry the skin of the chicken with paper towels. Place the cranberries and rosemary in a small roasting pan.
- Mix the Rosemary Balsamic Butter ingredients together in a small bowl. Spread the butter under the skin of the chicken, being careful not to break the skin.
- Lay the chicken on the cranberries. Cut the orange into quarters and squeeze the juice over the chicken then nestle the quarters around the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 45 mins then reduce the heat to 350 and continue roasting for another 45 mins.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and serve with the cranberries spooned over the top.