This easy to make and healthy roasted okra is slightly crispy and has the most beautiful orange zing to it. These unexpected flavors are incredible.
- 1 lb okra, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Zest and juice from 1 orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely minced
- For garnish: orange slices and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the okra with the olive oil and sea salt and spread them out on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast the okra for 25 minutes.
- While the okra is roasting, prepare the glaze. In a small frying pan over high heat add the orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, and garlic. Bring it to a boil and let it boil rapidly, whisking occasionally until it has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. If it reduces a little too much, just add another splash of orange juice or water.
- Once the okra is nicely browned remove it from the oven and toss it with the orange glaze. Serve the okra with orange slices and a little fresh cracked pepper.