This delicious Lemony Greek Chicken is an easy one-pan chicken dinner. The chicken is first seared crispy then roasted with potatoes, lemons, and Mediterranean herbs. Toss the asparagus in at the end and call it dinner! This healthy dinner recipe is paleo (if you’re on board with potatoes) + gluten-free + Whole30 compliant.
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs. nugget potatoes, halved or quartered, depending on the size
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, zest, and juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Season the skin of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan, skin-side down. Let the chicken cook until the skin is has started to brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and turn off the heat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the asparagus to the pan and toss with the oil that is left in the pan from cooking the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper over the potatoes.
- Nestle the chicken into the potatoes, skin-side up and bake in your oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and the chicken has cooked through. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the asparagus on top of the chicken.