These delicious Whoopie Cookies are like carrot cakes in cookie form. They’re stuffed with a cream cheese frosting and are totally delicious.
For the cookies:
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
For the frosting:
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until very creamy, about 2 minutes. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined. Stir in the oats, carrot, raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon (or more for bigger cookies) onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are just starting to get brown along the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cookie sheet to cool completely.
For the frosting:
- Beat together all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Once the cookies are completely cool spread with a knife or pipe the frosting onto the bottom half of half the cookies. Top each with the remaining half of the cookies.
*It is best to assemble these cookies within a few hours of the time you are going to eat them. If you are going to make them ahead of time store the frosting in the fridge and the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Take the frosting out of the fridge 10 minutes before you assemble the cookies to let it soften slightly.