This super moist carrot cake is incredibly delicious. It’s topped with lots of cream cheese frosting and is unbelievably tasty. You will love it!
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 cup shredded toasted coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- 4 eggs
For the icing:
- 1 cup (1–8 ounce package) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325 Degrees. Grease and flour 2 – 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sea salt.
- In another medium sized bowl stir together the carrots, walnuts, coconut and raisins.
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar and oil using an electric beater. Add eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add flour mixture and beat till just combined. Gently fold in the carrot mixture.
- Divide batter between the 2 prepared cake pans. Place both pans on the middle rack in your oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edges of each cake to loosen them then carefully invert them onto a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
To make the icing:
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter in a medium sized bowl using an electric beater. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and continue to mix until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and beat to blend.
To assemble the cake:
- Either spread the icing liberally on top of both cakes or spread some icing on top of 1, place the other cake on top and then frost the top and sides together.