These little cucumber and smoked salmon appetizer bites are as delicious as they are pretty. They make a perfect light start to a dinner and are a hit at any party. And don’t worry, assembling them is much easier (and faster) than it looks.
| gluten-free + keto |
For the lemon dill cream cheese:
- 3/4 cup cream cheese (do not use light cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 small garlic clove, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 5 ounces cold smoked salmon (lox)
- Dill and fresh cracked pepper, to garnish
- Add all the lemon dill cream cheese ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Use electric beaters to whip together. Transfer the cream cheese to a piping bag fitted with a star attachment, or use a small resealable plastic bag and cut off the tip.
- Lay the cucumber slices out on a serving tray. Roll small strips of the smoked salmon and place them on top of the cucumber slices. Pipe the cream cheese on top of the salmon and garnish with a little fresh dill and fresh cracked pepper.
The lemon dill cream cheese can be made up to two days in advance and kept in your fridge until you are ready to assemble the cucumber smoked salmon appetizer bites.