These Mini Chicken Satay Skewers come with a side of Thai peanut dipping sauce and make the perfect appetizer for any party. There are 4 fun ways to serve them … try them all!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup each: rice wine vinegar and soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
Peanut Satay Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons each: lime juice, soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed), palm or coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place the chicken thigh pieces, rice wine, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a medium-size bowl. Mix then cover with plastic wrap and place in your fridge. Let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with a little oil.
- Skewer a red pepper square and a piece of chicken on a wooden skewer. Repeat until all remaining chicken has been used. Discard the marinade. Place the chicken on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through and is starting to brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dipping sauce. Place all the dipping sauce ingredients into a high-powered blender (like a Vitamix) and blend on high until very smooth. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
- Serve the chicken satay skewers in one of the 4 ways in the blog post.