If you’re looking for bite-sized appetizers for your next party, look no further. These Mini BLT Cups are as cute as they are delicious! Cherry tomatoes are stuffed with arugula and a little chipotle mayo then topped with a piece of crunchy bacon. They’re a healthy gluten-free + paleo + Whole30 appetizer recipe that everyone will love!
For the Mini BLT Cups:
- 5 strips of bacon
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 pieces of baby arugula
The Chipotle Mayo
- 3 tablespoons real mayonnaise (homemade for Whole30)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce or coco aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: 2-3 drops liquid smoke (see notes)
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium-high heat until crispy. Let the bacon cool slightly. When it is cool enough to handle, break 24 small pieces for the topping and crumble the rest.
- While the bacon is cooking, hollow out the cherry tomatoes and make the mayo. Cut off the bottoms (they will sit on their tops) and carefully scoop/ shake out the insides with a small spoon.
- Whisk all the mayo ingredients together in a small bowl. Transfer the mayo to a small resealable plastic bag and cut off the tip. Make the hole very small.
- Tuck a piece of arugula into each cherry tomato. Spoon a little of the crumbled bacon inside then fill with the chipotle mayo and top with a piece of bacon.
Adobo sauce is the sauce that comes in the jar when you buy chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. It’s available in the Mexican section of most grocery stores. Sub chipotle powder for Whole30.
Bottles of liquid smoke are generally sold near BBQ sauces in most grocery stores. A bottle is very inexpensive and will last a long time. It adds a really nice smoky flavor to the mayo.