This Mexican Pasta Salad recipe is the best ever. It’s loaded with creamy avocados, sweet corn, black beans, crunchy green peppers and red onions, and pasta. Then it’s smothered in a creamy (and easily vegan!) chipotle lime dressing. You will LOVE it!
The Mexican Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces dried pasta (Chickapea Pasta Spirals are a great gluten-free option)
- 2 cobs of corn (or 2 cups frozen and thawed corn)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 – 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeño, finely minced
The Chipotle Lime Dressing
- 3/4 cup thick yogurt (regular or vegan, both work)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or another neutral-flavored oil)
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce (the sauce that comes in jars of chipotle peppers)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the 2 cobs of corn and the pasta to the pot and cook for 7-9 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente. Remove the corn from the pot then drain the pasta with a colander and rinse it under cold running water. Cut the kernels from the cobs of corn.
- While the pasta is cooking, add all the Chipotle Lime Dressing ingredients to a 2-cup mason jar and shake to mix.
- Place the cooked pasta, corn, cherry tomatoes, black beans, red onion, cilantro, green pepper, avocado, and jalapenño in a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to mix everything together.
If you don’t have a favorite vegan yogurt, you can substitute vegan mayonnaise for a richer pasta salad.
The dressing will taste quite salty. This is ok as it is the salt for the entire pasta salad.