This Mexican Pasta Salad recipe is the best ever. It’s loaded with creamy avocados, sweet corn, black beans, crunchy green peppers and red onions, and my favorite healthy pasta, Chickapea Pasta. Then it’s smothered in a creamy (and easily vegan!) chipotle lime dressing. You will LOVE it!
The Mexican Pasta Salad
- 1 – 227 gram (8-ounce) box of Chickapea Pasta Spirals
- 2 cobs of corn (or 2 cups frozen and thawed corn)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 – 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeño, finely minced
The Chipotle Lime Dressing
- 3/4 cup thick yogurt (regular or vegan, both work)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or another neutral-flavored oil)
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce (the sauce that comes in jars of chipotle peppers)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the 2 cobs of corn and the Chickapea Pasta Spirals to the pot and cook for 7-9 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente. Remove the corn from the pot then drain the pasta with a colander and rinse it under cold running water. Cut the kernels from the cobs of corn.
- While the pasta is cooking, add all the Chipotle Lime Dressing ingredients to a 2-cup mason jar and shake to mix.
- Place the cooked pasta, corn, cherry tomatoes, black beans, red onion, cilantro, green pepper, avocado, and jalapenño in a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to mix everything together.
If you don’t have a favorite vegan yogurt, you can substitute vegan mayonnaise for a richer pasta salad.
The dressing will taste quite salty. This is ok as it is the salt for the entire pasta salad.