This Lightened Up Mexican Corn Dip recipe is big on flavor. Using Greek-style yogurt and avocado instead of mayo, this is as healthy as it is delicious. It makes a great side salad, too!
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or sub any neutral flavored oil)
- 5 cups of corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (seeds removed if you don’t like it spicy)
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup each: minced red onion and chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons each: Greek-style yogurt and cojita or feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice from 1 lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- Your favorite dippers, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is bright yellow and charred in a few spots. Add the jalepeño and garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and toss gently to combine. Taste and season with sea salt, if needed.
- Serve with corn chips or your favorite dippers.