This Mediterranean-style quinoa casserole is loaded with bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta. It’s a super easy to make vegetarian and gluten-free casserole dish that makes a delicious weeknight meal.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup each: sun-dried tomato pesto, chopped artichoke hearts (from a can) and chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I like to use oil packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each: dried thyme, basil, oregano and chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, grated with a Microplane or very finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup grated mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus a little extra
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes and fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the quinoa in a medium-sized pot and add 3 cups of water. Bring it to a boil then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is soft and the water has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the rest of the casserole. Add all the ingredients on the list through the salt and pepper to a 9″x13″ casserole dish and mix together. When the quinoa has finished cooking, add it to the casserole dish along with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and the feta cheese and mix everything until it is well combined.
- Press the quinoa down lightly in the casserole dish and top with the bell peppers, onion, and remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbling and the peppers are soft. Remove the quinoa casserole from the oven and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.