Boozy margarita popsicles are as fun as they are delicious. They make the perfect summertime treat!
- 1 cup prepared tequila
- ¾ cup prepared triple sec
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- A sprinkling of kosher salt or other coarse specialty salt for each pop
- Prepare the tequila and triple sec by bring 1 1/4 cup of tequila and 1 cup of triple sec (separately) to a boil over high heat for 2 minutes. Immediately remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the prepared tequila, triple sec, and lime juice.
- Carefully divide the mixture equally among your ice pop molds. Do not fill the molds to the top. Leave a small amount of space to allow for expansion when the liquid freezes, or your freezer may receive an icy margarita bath.
- Sprinkle a very small amount of kosher salt into each pop.
- Top with ice pop sticks or reusable ice pop tops with attached sticks. Let the pops freeze for at least 24 hours.
- To unmold the pops, run under hot water for a few seconds.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Ulysses Press