Maple Roasted Butternut Squash is the best side dish ever. It’s easy to make, sweet, and delicious. Cranberries, pecans, and a little cinnamon make this special enough to serve to guests yet cozy enough to serve with a weeknight dinner.
- 1 20-ounce package of Mann’s Fresh Vegetables Butternut Squash (or 4 cups cubed butternut squash)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or another neutral-flavored oil)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash in a mixing bowl and add the avocado oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, sea salt, and cayenne and mix well. Pour onto the baking sheet making sure that the butternut squash is in a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes then add the pecans and cranberries to the baking sheet. Mix them with the squash then return the baking sheet to the oven for 15 minutes more, or until the butternut squash is soft and starting to caramelize.
This recipe doubles easily. Make sure to use an 11×13″ baking sheet (or 2 small baking sheets) so the butternut squash is in a single layer.
If you have a sweet tooth you can drizzle a little extra maple syrup over the butternut squash after it comes out of the oven, as you see in the video.