This Roasted Beet Salad is covered in an easy maple balsamic dressing and spotted with pistachio-dusted goat cheese balls. It’s a delicious fall salad full of flavor. You’ll want to make it over and over!
- 1 lb baby beets (or larger beets cut into quarters), peeled or not, your choice
- 1/2 lb onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 cups arugula, loosely packed
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the beets and onions (separately to prevent the beets from discoloring the onions) with the olive oil. Place the beets on the prepared baking sheet and roast them in the oven for 20 minutes. Add the onions to the baking sheet and roast for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until both the beets and onions are soft.
- While the beets and onions are roasting, prepare the dressing. In a medium-sized bowl whisk the maple syrup with the balsamic vinegar. When the beets come out of the oven immediately put them in the bowl and toss to coat.
- To assemble this roasted beet salad, arrange the arugula on a large platter or in individual bowls. Scatter the onions over top and top with the maple roasted beets. Pour the remaining dressing over top and serve immediately.