This pluot butter is one of the best ways to use a whole bunch of pluots or plumcots. It’s sweetened naturally with maple syrup and requires no pectin to thicken.
- 4 lbs. pluots/plumcots/or plums, halved and pit removed
- 1 ½ – 2 cups maple syrup (see notes)
- Working in batches, puree the pluots in your blender then pour them into your largest pot.
- Add 1 ½ cups of the maple syrup, stir well, then bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and keep it at a steady simmer for 45-60 minutes, stirring the pot every 10 minutes.
- To test if the butter is ready, place a teaspoon of the butter on a plate and put it into your fridge for 5 minutes. If it is thick, it is ready.
- Test the butter for sweetness. If needed, add the extra maple syrup and simmer until it thickens.
The amount of maple syrup you need will depend on how sweet or tart are your pluots and personal preference.
See the blog post for instructions on how to easily can this butter.