This crazy delicious Mango Chutney Chicken is as good as it gets and the ultimate quick and easy weeknight meal. With 10 minutes of prep, you can walk away knowing dinner is cooking itself. It’s a gluten-free and dairy-free dinner recipe that can easily be made paleo.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 cup very finely minced onion (see notes)
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 6 tablespoons mango chutney (paleo, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each: cayenne powder and sea salt
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. (See notes) Add the onion and cook until it is soft and starting to brown, about 3 minutes if the onion is very finely minced. Add the garlic and let it cook for 1 minute. Transfer the onions and garlic to a small bowl and set the pan aside.
- Mix the mango chutney, curry powder, cayenne, and sea salt into the onions and garlic. Spread half the paste under the skin of the chicken and the remainder on top of the chicken skin. Don’t spread any on the bottom of the chicken.
- Place the chicken into the pan and put the pan in your oven. Let the chicken cook for 40 minutes. If you’re serving this with rice or cauliflower rice, start cooking that now. If you’d like the chicken a little more brown, you can broil it for 3-4 minutes at the end of cooking.
Mince the onion as small as you possibly can. When it is cooked and mixed with the chutney, it will turn into a paste.
If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet, use the skillet you have then transfer the chicken to a baking sheet before you put it in the oven.