Mango chicken curry is an incredibly delicious Indian curry recipe. The fresh or frozen mangos give the curry the perfect sweetness without adding any sugar. This easy 30-minute dinner recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed with the side of your knife
- 4 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- 3 ripe mangos, peeled, chopped, and divided (or 3 cups frozen and thawed mango)
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs, chopped (can sub chicken breasts)
- Minced cilantro, to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and saute for 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Transfer the onions to your blender then add the curry powder, salt, pepper, 1 cup of the ripe mangoes, and the coconut milk to the blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Return the sauce to the frying pan then ad the chicken and ½ cup of water and stir. Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes, stirring a few times. Lower the heat if the sauce begins to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the chicken pieces are fully cooked, add the remaining mango to the pan and serve.
Depending on how ripe or unripe your mangoes are, this recipe may need a touch of added sweetness or a little acidity to reduce the sweetness. If needed, we recommend adding either a little honey or a little lime juice.
Pair with steamed basmati rice or cauliflower rice