This mushroom sauce is pure magic. It tastes likes it has an entire container of whipping cream in it, yet it’s 100% dairy-free vegan. You will LOVE it!
- 1 cup cashews, soaked*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 lb crimini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add the soaked cashews, garlic, sea salt, pepper, 1 1/2 cups of water and a scoop of the cooked mushrooms to a food processor or blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the rest of the mushrooms. Bring the sauce to a boil then remove from the heat.
Soak cashews in water for 4 to 24 hours*
If you have a high-powered blender you can get away with soaking the cashews for less than 4 hours.