If you like baked potatoes then you will LOVE this loaded baked potato salad! Soft potatoes are all wrapped up in a sour cream dressing and loaded with bacon, cheddar cheese, and chives … all of our favorite baked potato toppings!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 3 lb. Russet potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 ½ cups sour cream (can be light)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (can be light)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Place the whole, unpeeled potatoes into a large pot and cover them with water. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes. Drain the pot and set the potatoes aside to cool. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them and cut them into chunks.
- While the potatoes are boiling, cook the bacon. Add the bacon to a large pan over medium heat. Once some of the bacon fat starts to render, reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove it from the pan and let it cool for a few minutes before crumbling it into smaller pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chopped potatoes, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and chives to a large bowl. Pour the sour cream dressing over the top then gently mix the potato salad. NOTE: this salad tastes best if you let it rest in your fridge for 2 hours.