Lemongrass Vietnamese Meatballs
If you're looking for meatballs that will rock your world, these Lemongrass Vietnamese Meatballs are it. They're full of delicious Asian flavors, crazy tender and super easy to make. You're going to LOVE them!
Yippee. Hip hip hooray. Omgee I'm loving today! Why? Well, let me tell you, my friend. I'm super excited about today because today is the day I get to share these crazy delish flavor bites (aka Vietnamese Meatballs) with you.
Sharing recipes with my online BFFs is seriously the best. Fist bump.
I've been doing a bunch of banh mi recipe testing around here lately. (It's tough, tough work. Juuuust joking!) In the search of the perfect banh mi fusion everything, I came up with these Vietnamese Meatballs.
The flavor is totally amazeballs, they're super tender AND you can be eating a whole batch in 30 minutes flat. Oh ya, and they also happen to be naturally gluten-free and paleo. What are you waiting for?
What makes these Vietnamese Meatballs so frickin' awesome?
- The flavor. Seriously. Think lemongrass, onions, garlic, and ginger whizzed around in your food processor until they're a paste. Flavor town.
- Fish sauce. Yes, this belongs in the awesome category. It's stinkier than the month-old leftovers you forgot about in the back of your fridge but for some reason it makes everything taste better. Weird and awesome.
- They're flexible! I love them made with ground pork, but beef and chicken are great, too.
- Pan-frying these babies keeps them super tender.
- They're perfect little balls of deliciousness. Cooking them in a frying pan (rather than baking them) prevents them from having flat spots and makes sure they brown all over.
- You can eat them with … everything! Well, almost everything. Think sandwiches, pizza, noodles, nachos, tacos, fries, lettuce wraps, ramen, as an appy. Let your mind go wild with possibility.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Meatball Recipes:
- Sweet Hoisin Meatballs
- Thai Chicken Curry Meatballs with Carrot Noodles
- The Best Ever Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Indian Meatball Curry
Lemongrass Vietnamese Meatballs
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 small onion
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. ground pork, beef or chicken
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, sub coconut sugar or honey for paleo
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sub coco aminos for paleo
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Place the lemongrass stalks, cilantro, onion, ginger, and garlic into your food processor and process on high until smooth and almost paste-like. Place the ground pork, beef, or chicken into a large bowl and pour in the lemongrass paste. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix together well. I find using my hands the easiest way to do this.3 stalks lemongrass, ¼ cup cilantro, 1 small onion, 2 inch piece of ginger, 3 cloves garlic, 1 lb. ground pork, beef or chicken, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Roll 20 meatballs and place them on a baking sheet. Place enough oil in a large frying pan to thinly cover the bottom. Heat the pan over medium-high heat until the oil is shimmering. Cook the meatballs, turning them a few times, until they are well browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.1 tablespoon oil