This delicious and easy to make lemongrass grilled chicken is served with sriracha mayo to dip or pour on top. You are going to love it!
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (sub apple cider vinegar for paleo)
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or sub coco aminos for paleo)
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger
- Juice from 1 lime
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in
- Green onions, thinly sliced chilies, red onion and lime, for garnish
For the sriracha mayo:
- 1/4 cup neutral flavoured mayonnaise
- 1–3 teaspoons sriracha, to taste
- A pinch of sea salt
- Place the oil, vinegar, lemongrass, garlic, ginger and lime juice in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Place the chicken thighs in a sealable container or plastic bag and pour the marinade overtop. Mix the chicken thighs around well, so each piece is coated in the marinade. Let the chicken marinate for 1-2 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the sriracha mayo. Combine the mayonnaise, Sriracha and sea salt in a small bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until you use it.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill, skin side up. Let the chicken cook for 10 minutes then flip it over and let it cook for another 8-10 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, top with garnishes and serve the sriracha mayo on the side.