These well-roasted lemon parmesan cauliflower steaks with pine nuts and thyme make a flavor-packed and healthy main or side dish. You will LOVE it!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon
- Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half then cut each half once again so that you have four large pieces. You can trim the rounded sides of the two outer pieces if you like. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle them with the one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast the steaks for 30 minutes then flip them over and roast them for another 15 minutes. They should be nice and dark brown in many spots.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and sprinkle the parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and thyme leave evenly over each steak. Squeeze half a lemon over the steaks. Put the cauliflower back in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the parmesan has melted and the pine nuts are toasted.
- Serve the cauliflower with the remaining lemon squeezed over the top, a drizzle of olive oil, and a little parsley for garnish.