This Delicious Lemon Lime Loaf is perfectly moist with lots of citrus flavors and a thick layer of sweet lemony icing. It’s almost impossible to eat just one piece!
- ½ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
For the icing:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- A pinch of sea salt
- Lemon and lime zest, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour the inside of a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and yogurt, lemon and lime zest and juice and beat until everything is thoroughly mixed, which is about 30 seconds.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Add it to the large bowl and beat the batter just until everything comes together.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully turning it out onto a cooling rack.
For the icing;
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar, lemon and lime juice and the tiny pinch of sea salt. If you would like it a little runnier, you can add a small splash of water. If you prefer your icing a little thicker, you can add a touch more powdered sugar.
To finish the loaf:
- Once the loaf is completely cool, pour 1/3 of the icing over top and let it drip down the sides. Wait for the icing to begin to harden, about 10 minutes, then pour over another 1/3. Once the second layer has begun to harden you can pour over the remaining icing.
- As soon as you pour the third layer of icing on the cake sprinkle the top with a little lemon and lime zest.