These delicious Lemon Coconut Bars have been a family favorite around here for years. They’re easy to make and super lemony. You will love them!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted, cooled
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or an additional 2 tablespoons of butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons (packed) finely grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8x8x2-inch metal baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a little overhang.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor and blend for 5 seconds. Add coconut, butter and coconut oil and process until mixture resembles fine meal and begins to clump together.
- Spread the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and press down so it forms a crust. Bake crust until golden at edges, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare filling:
- Combine sugar, eggs, lemon juice, lemon peel, flour and salt in a food processor. Blend filling until smooth.
- Remove crust from oven. Pour filling evenly over hot crust. Return to oven and bake until filling begins to brown at edges and is just set and springy to touch in center, about 20 minutes. Transfer pan to rack; cool lemon bars completely.
- Using the parchment paper as an aid, transfer lemon bars to work surface. Cut into 16 bars. Sift powdered sugar over top.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious