Lemon Chicken Soup (also known as avgolemono) is super easy to make and crazy delicious. We make it with cauliflower rice to keep it low carb and paleo and for a healthy boost of veggies.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 4 celery sticks, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 6 bone in chicken thighs
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced (about 3 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces spinach
- Turn your Instant Pot to Saute. Add the oil to the pot and add the carrots, celery, and onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken thighs and stock to the pot. Seal the lid, turn it to Soup Mode and set the timer for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, turn the release valve and wait until the pressure is released before opening the pot.
- While the soup is cooking, add the riced cauliflower to a pan over medium-high heat and add 1/4 cup of water. Steam until the cauliflower is soft.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pot and shred them using 2 forks. Discard the bones.
- Whisk the eggs with the lemon juice. Slowly whisk 1 cup of the hot soup into the eggs then pour the eggs into the pot. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pot, add the cauliflower rice and the spinach, and stir.