Kale Waldorf Salad is a much healthier, but every bit as delicious version of the original. It’s made with crisp apples, juicy grapes, crunchy walnuts and a sweet and creamy yogurt dressing.
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (a neutral-flavoured mayo such as Hellmann’s works best)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Kale Waldorf Salad:
- 2 cups of curly kale, packed (I like use a little purple kale, just for colour)
- 2 cups of grapes, halved (I like to use half green and half red grapes)
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 crisp apple, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Mix all the dressing ingredients with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl.
- Place all the Kale Waldorf Salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Let the salad sit for at least a half hour for the kale to soften and the flavours to blend together.
If you have any leftover salad it keeps well for a couple of days in the fridge.