Jalapeño Hot Cheese Dip is everything dreams are made of. Super cheesy and creamy with just the right touch of spice makes this a true crowd pleaser. Bonus: it’s crazy easy to make!
- 2 250-gram packages of room temperature cream cheese
- 2 cups plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 4 ounces (1/4 cup) chopped pimientos (from a jar)
- 4 jalapeños, seeds removed and minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: paprika, salt, and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the cream cheese, yogurt or sour cream, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella, 1 1/2 cups of cheddar, pimientos, most of the jalapeños, most of the green onions, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl and cream together with a spatula, wooden spoon, or electric beater.
- Pour into a 9″ cast iron pan or baking dish. Smooth the top and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella, cheddar, jalapeños, and green onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes then broil for 5 minutes. Let the dip cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Serve this hot cheese dip with regular or gluten-free crackers or (my favorite!) assorted veggies.