Homemade Italian dressing is easy to make and tastes SO MUCH better than store-bought. It’s made in just 5-minutes with kitchen-staple ingredients and keeps well for weeks so you can make a quick and healthy salad whenever you want.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (try our homemade Italian seasoning!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder OR 1 finely minced garlic clove (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- Optional: ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (see notes)
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
- Store the dressing in your fridge for up to 2 weeks. (See notes) Shake well to mix the ingredients each time before you use it.
If you use fresh garlic, this salad dressing will only keep for 1 week in your fridge.
After you grate the parmesan, rub it through your fingers so that it becomes almost powdery.