Italian dressing chicken is one of the easiest and most delicious chicken recipes. Chicken breasts are marinated in Italian salad dressing then topped with parmesan cheese and baked until incredibly juicy and flavorful. You will LOVE this recipe!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian dressing (try our homemade Italian dressing)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Lay the chicken in a baking dish just big enough to hold the chicken. (See notes.) Pour the Italian dressing over the top. Cover the chicken then place it into your fridge for up to 24 hours, turning the chicken over once halfway through marinating. (See notes.)
- Remove the chicken from the fridge then preheat your oven to 420 degrees.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the chicken breasts then continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve with a few spoonfuls of the sauce in the baking dish over the top.
Instead of marinating the chicken in a baking dish, you can also use a mixing bowl.
While marinating the chicken does give it extra flavor, if you’re short on time you can simply pour the dressing over the chicken and let it marinate while your oven heats.