This birthday cake ice cream is as sweet, delicious and girly as you would expect it to be. You can decorate the cones in sprinkles for a little extra fun!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups white cake mix
- Optional: sprinkles
- In a small bowl mix two tablespoons of the milk with the cornstarch and set aside.
- Measure the cream cheese into a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat add the remaining milk, cream, sugar, and sea salt. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the cornstarch mixture. Bring it back to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the pot from the heat and gradually whisk the liquid into the cream cheese. Whisk in the white cake mix.
- Refrigerate until completely cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Process the ice cream according to your ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions.
- Top with sprinkles and enjoy!