Vegan coconut whipped cream is super easy to make and incredibly delicious. It’s the perfect replacement for dairy-based whipped cream and every bit as tasty.
- 1 can full-fat, all-natural coconut milk (make sure there is no guar gum or the additives)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 2–4 tablespoons powdered sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch, optional
- Chill your can of coconut milk overnight in the fridge. Turn the can upside down and open it from the bottom. Pour out the coconut milk and save it for another use.
- Scoop the thick coconut cream out of the can and into a medium sized bowl. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar. Whisk briskly for about 1 minute, or until soft peaks form. If you’re having trouble getting your coconut whipped cream to thicken, you can add a little more powdered sugar or the optional tapioca starch.
- Serve immediately.