- 1 large egg yolk (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup neutral-flavored oil (I like avocado oil)
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- Place the egg yolk in a medium-sized bowl. Add the lemon juice and whisk until frothy.
- Very slowly, begin adding the oil in a thin stream while whisking continuously. If the oil starts to build up at all, stop pouring and whisk vigorously until it is incorporated. Continue adding the oil while whisking until all the oil has been used.
- Whisk 1/4 teaspoon of salt into the mayo. Taste and add more if needed.
If your egg is cold, place it in a cup and fill the cup with hot tap water for 5 minutes.