Learn how to cook basmati rice on the stove. It is a very easy recipe and this method produces perfect basmati rice every time.
- 1 cup basmati rice (preferably Indian basmati rice)
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- Add the rice and cold water to a medium-sized pot over high heat. Bring the pot to a boil then immediately cover the pot and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer the rice (no peeking!) for 12 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and let it rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork or spoon to gently fluff the rice before serving.
Pair with Sticky Cashew Chicken or Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry