Honey Lemon Chicken is pan-seared on your stovetop then cooked in a lightly sweetened lemony sauce. It’s a crazy easy recipe to make and a true crowd-pleaser.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- Juice from 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- A pinch of sea salt
- Lemon slices, for serving (see notes)
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a medium sized cast iron or non-stick skillet. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and sear until the skin is crispy and brown, about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk the lemon juice, honey, garlic, sea salt, and 1/2 cup of water in a small bowl.
- When the chicken skin is crispy, flip the chicken over and pour in the lemon sauce. Let the chicken continue to cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are cooked through and the lemon sauce has reduced and is thick and bubbly.
To char the lemons, heat a splash of oil in your pan over high heat. Place the lemons in the pan and sear one side until they are covered in dark brown spots – just like in the pictures. Make sure to cut the lemon slices about 1/2 inch thick or they will fall apart when cooked.