This Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is easy to make and so delicious that you’ll be spending the entire baking time staring at the oven in anticipation.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
The Honey Garlic Sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 4 garlic cloves, grated with the small holes on your grater
- 1 teaspoon grated onion, grated with the small holes on your grater
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Place one oven rack in the middle and another rack at the top. For easy cleanup, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the salt and pepper. Put the chicken on the baking sheet skin side up and bake for 30-35 minutes. (35 minutes for big thighs.)
- While the chicken is cooking, bring the honey garlic sauce ingredients to a boil for 2 minutes in a small frying pan to thicken the sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and carefully drain any liquid from the pan. Dip each chicken piece in the sauce and put the chicken back on the pan skin side down. Broil (on the top oven rack) for 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and baste the skin with the remaining sauce then broil for 5 minutes more.
If your oven broils at higher than 500 degrees, watch the chicken VERY closely so the sugars in the sauce don’t burn.
Chicken is fully cooked when it’s 165 degrees Fahrenheit (use a meat thermometer to test this) and the juices run clear.