Homemade Trail Mix is super easy to make and great to have on hand when you need a quick snack. It packs well for school, hikes, or to keep in your purse as an emergency snack. It’s a healthy trail mix recipe that you’ll want to make again and again!
- 1 cup (3.5 ounces) each: walnuts, pecans, and cashews
- 1 cup (3 ounces) each: banana chips and toasted coconut ribbons (see notes)
- 1/2 cup (2.5 ounces) each: raisins and chocolate chunks (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the walnuts, pecans, and cashews on a baking sheet and toast them in your oven for 6-8 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and smell fragrant. Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Once the baking sheet is cool, add all the other ingredients and mix them together. Store in a sealed bag.
If your coconut is not toasted, place it on a seperate baking sheet and toast it in the oven for 4-5 minutes. Coconut will toast faster and burn easier than the nuts so keep a close eye on it.