This is the best baba ganoush recipe. It’s a super easy to make and healthy dip recipe that’s perfect for lunch, snacks, or to bring to a party. Roast the eggplants on your BBQ during the summer or in your oven in winter. You will LOVE it!
- 2 globe eggplants
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1–2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated with a Microplane or finely minced
- Optional toppings olive oil, sesame seeds, pomegranate seeds, minced parsley or cilantro
Roast the eggplants on your BBQ
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high heat. Pierce the eggplants a few times with a fork or knife. Place the eggplants on your BBQ and let them cook for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
Roast the eggplants in your oven
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Pierce the eggplants a few times with a fork or knife. Place the eggplants on a baking dish and roast in your oven for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
Make the baba ganoush
- Set the cooked eggplants on a rimmed bowl and leave them until they are cool enough to handle. Pour the juice that collects on the plate into a bowl then peel the eggplants and discard the skin.
- Place the creamy insides into your food processor and add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt and process until smooth. Taste and add more salt, if needed. For a smokier tasting baba ganoush, add a tablespoon or two of the reserved juice.
- For the best flavor, let the baba ganoush rest in your fridge for at least 2 hours before serving then top with any or all of the optional toppings.
Make sure to use tahini you love in this recipe. If it tastes bitter, your baba ganoush will also be bitter.
I love adding some of the juice that collects on the plate when the eggplants cool into the baba ganoush. It gives the dip a lot of smoky flavor, but the added liquid will thin the dip a little.