These easy to make Trail Mix Protein Bites make a delicious treat for your weekend adventures or a healthy after school snack. They are naturally gluten-free and can easily be made vegan. Everyone will LOVE this recipe!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup each: sunflower seeds, raisins, chopped walnuts, and chopped peanuts or almonds
- 1/4 cup mini M&Ms (sub mini vegan chocolate chips, if needed)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can sub honey)
- Place the oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, walnuts, peanuts or almonds, and the mini M&Ms in a large bowl. Add the peanut or almond butter and the maple syrup and mix everything together well. I find it easier to start mixing with a wooden spoon and then use my hands at the end.
- Once the dough comes together, form it into 22 balls. You’ll need about 2 tablespoons per ball.
- Store in your fridge for firmer balls and covered on your counter for softer ones.