This Healthy Breakfast salad gives you a protein filled breakfast full of vegetables, nuts, and avocados.
- 1 ½ cups chopped cucumbers (use English cucumbers or mini cucumbers)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of toasted cashews or pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (use the best you have)
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: flaky sea salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter (can sub olive oil)
- 2 large eggs
- Add the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, avocado, basil, parsley, and nuts to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, until done to your liking. Divide the salad between two plates and top each with an egg.