Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets aren’t just for kids! They make a quick and easy lunch or dinner that we all love. These gluten-free and paleo chicken nuggets are crispy and delicious and can easily be made ahead and frozen. Perfect for meal prep!
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons each: garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into nugget-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the tapioca starch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk the egg in another medium-sized bowl.
- Drop all the chicken pieces into the bowl with the egg. One at a time pull them out and drop them in the bowl with the tapioca starch, making sure that each piece is completely covered before placing it onto the prepared baking sheet. (Keep one hand for pulling the chicken out of the egg and the other for coating it in the starch.)
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken nuggets then put them in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, broiling the last 5 minutes to brown the tops.