This Healthy Asian Noodle Salad is easy to make and done in 30 minutes or less. This crazy good noodle salad is the perfect lunch.
- 1 – 500 gram package of linguini
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut on a diagonal
- 1 handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted
- 1 cup dried chow mein noodles
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1–2 tablespoons sriracha, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, or to taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon fish sauce or prawn stock
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and cool down under cold running water. Set aside.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Add cooled pasta and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes so the pasta can absorb a little of the sauce.
- Add all the vegetables and peanuts and toss to coat.
- Divide pasta between 4 plates. Top each with 1/4 cup of dried chow main noodles.