Hawaiian hot dogs are simple to make and so tasty. The sweet grilled pineapple and teriyaki mayo add just the right amount of sweetness. You will LOVE them!
- 1/2 pineapple, cut in half then sliced
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs – meat or veggie, your choice!
- 8 hot dog buns (gluten-free, if needed)
For the teriyaki mayo:
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip!), sub vegan mayo if needed
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Thinly sliced red onions, jalapeño peppers, cilantro
- Preheat your grill to high and oil the grate.
- Combine all the teriyaki mayo ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well.
- Toss the pineapple slices with the grapeseed oil then grill until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Flip the pineapple slices over, sprinkle with cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy), then remove the pineapple from the grill.
- Turn the grill down to medium-high and grill the smokies until they are cooked through, 7-10 minutes, turning a few times. Lightly toast the buns on the grill for about 1 minute.
- Serve the hot dogs with slices of grilled pineapple, teriyaki mayo and some or all of the toppings.