Hamburgers soup is an easy to make and delicious soup made with lean ground beef, veggies, and a richly flavored broth. It’s inexpensive to make and reheats beautifully.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef (see notes)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 russet potatoes (about 1 ¼ lb), diced
- Optional: 1 cup frozen peas and 1 cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is golden. Add the carrots and celery and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the ground beef and cook for about 8 minutes, until it is crumbly and no longer pink.
- Push the beef to the side of the pot and add the tomato paste. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, until it is sweet-smelling.
- Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and potatoes and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- If using, add the peas and corn to the pot then season to taste with salt and pepper.
We’ve put this soup into our paleo diet category. If you eat paleo, make sure to omit the corn.