This Grilled Zucchini Salad recipe is THE BEST salad ever. It’s loaded with summertime favorites like grilled zucchini and corn, alfalfa sprouts, purple cabbage, and healthy chickpeas and tossed in a super creamy and easy to make sunflower seed dressing.
| vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free |
Grilled Zucchini Salad
- 4 medium zucchinis, 2 sliced into 1/2 inch rounds, 2 sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups salad greens – arugula and spinach both work well. I’ve used a farmers market blend in the pictures.
- A few handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- A handful of sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill fronds
Sunflower Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds (see notes)
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon miso (use gluten-free soy sauce, if needed)
- 1 garlic clove
- Optional: a pinch of cayenne
- Sea salt, to taste
- Oil and preheat your grill to high. Toss the zucchini and corn with the oil and sea salt. Grill on high, turning the zucchini once and the corn a few times. Cook the zucchini for 3-4 minutes per side and the corn for 10 minutes. When the corn is cool enough to touch, cut off the kernels.
- While the zucchini and corn are cooking, place all the sunflower seed dressing ingredients into your high-powered blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Layer the salad greens, alfalfa sprouts, chickpeas, cabbage, sunflower seeds, dill, and the grilled zucchini and corn in a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.
If you don’t have a high-powered blender, use sunflower seed butter instead of whole seeds.