Learn the secrets to perfectly grilled rack of lamb so that it develops a beautiful crust and stays super tender. The pea and mint side pesto is amazing!
For the fresh pea and mint pesto
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves, packed
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons water
For the lamb
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1 tablespoon parsley, very finely minced – curly or flat-leafed both work
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, grated with a Microplane or very finely minced
- Preheat your grill to high. Oil the grill well.
- Combine all the pesto ingredients together in a small blender or food processor and blend until mostly smooth.
- Cut the layer of fat from the rack of lamb then cut each rib between the bones.
- In a small bowl mix the parsley, olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic. Rub this mix all over the lamb, concentrating on the meat.
- Grill the lamb for 3 minutes then flip and continue to grill for another 3 minutes. You want the outside to be dark brown and the middle red. If you have an instant-read thermometer, it should read 125 degrees, inserted it into the thickest part.
- Remove the lamb from the grill and let it rest a few minutes before you serve it.