Grilled Peach Salad is the ultimate summer side dish recipe. The peaches are grilled until smoky and extra sweet and served with arugula, blueberries, candied curry pecans, and a honey vinaigrette. Add some goat cheese or (paleo-friendly!) diced avocado and you’ve just made the best salad ever.
The honey vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (use 1 tablespoon mayonnaise for paleo or dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of sea salt
The Candied Curry Pecans
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
For the salad:
- 4 ripe but firm peaches
- ½ teaspoon avocado oil (or another neutral flavored oil)
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese (sub a diced avocado for paleo or dairy-free)
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients into a 1 cup mason jar and shake until mixed.
- Place the pecans, honey, curry powder, and sea salt in a small frying pan and bring them to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil until the pan is dry, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter to prevent the pecans from sticking together.
- Preheat your BBQ to high. Cut the peaches in half and remove the seeds. Then cut each peach half into three wedges. Place the peaches in a medium-sized bowl and toss with the oil. Grill the peaches for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove them from the grill using an offset spatula – I find this works better than a regular spatula and helps prevent the grill marks from being left on the grill.
- Place the arugula in a large bowl with the goat cheese, curry pecans, blueberries, and grilled peaches. Toss with the dressing and serve immediately.
A grill matt works really great for this recipe. If you don’t have one, make sure to oil the grill well so you don’t risk the peaches sticking.