These crazy delicious Mezcal Chicken Fajitas are made by marinating the chicken in smoky mezcal then grilling them and a bunch of veggies. They’re a super easy to make and healthy summer BBQ recipe. You will LOVE them!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup mezcal
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon each: chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each: oregano and sea salt
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon each: oil, chili powder, and cumin
- 1 teaspoon each: oregano and sea salt
All the extras:
- Tortillas (corn or gluten-free, if needed)
- Guacamole (try this easy recipe)
- Sour cream
- Greens or shredded lettuce
- Place the chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag. Add the mezcal, oil, and all of the spices. Seal the bag and squish it around so that the chicken is coated evenly in spices. Place the bag in your fridge and let it marinate while you prepare the rest of the meal. Note: you can let it marinate for up to 12 hours.
- Slice the peppers and onions and place them in a large bowl. Add the oil and spices and toss to coat.
- Make the guacamole and put the sour cream and greens into bowls.
- Oil and preheat your grill to medium-high. Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade. Grill the chicken and veggies until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are charred in spots, about 10 minutes. Warm the tortillas on the grill. Chop the chicken into pieces.
- Serve everything on the table and let everyone assemble their own chicken fajitas.