These might just be the best darn Grilled Maple Dijon Carrots ever. No lie. They’re grilled on the BBQ then covered in an easy to make and super delicious maple dijon sauce. They’re a naturally vegan + gluten-free + paleo side dish recipe that everyone will fall in love with.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- 2 lb carrots, cut in half lengthwise (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: minced parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your grill on low heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and garlic.
- Toss the carrots with the oil and sea salt. Grill, turning them once, until they are mostly soft and have grill marks on both sides, about 10 minutes. Brush the carrots with about half of the glaze and let it caramelize on the grill for one more minute.
- Remove the carrots from the grill and drizzle them with the remaining maple Dijon glaze. If you’d like, make them pretty with a little parsley.
If your carrots are on the bigger side, or if you prefer them completely soft, cut them into quarters lengthwise.