This Grilled Corn Salad with BBQ Farmers Sausage is an easy summer dinner or a healthy side dish. Fire up the BBQ and make this grilled corn salad in only 20 minutes. It’ll be a huge hit at the table!
For the dressing:
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice, from about ¼ orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice, from about 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 cobs of corn
- 4 Grimm’s Farmer Sausage Rounds
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add the red and orange pepper, the red onion and the cherry tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Lightly coat the cobs of corn and Grimm’s Farmer Sausage Rounds in the vegetable oil. Place them both on the BBQ and grill for 10 minutes, turning the sausage rounds once and the corn a few times. Remove them both from the grill.
- Cut Grimm’s Farmer Sausage Rounds into cubes and add it to the salad bowl.
- Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob and add them to the salad bowl. Add the avocado and toss to coat everything well.
This is a great salad to make at a BBQ as it can sit for at least an hour without losing quality