Grilled Chicken Wings are the best chicken wings ever! The smoky flavor from the grill is totally addictive. Whether you eat them hot off the grill or dipped in one of my three favorite chicken wing sauces, you will love them.
Grilled Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, drummets, wingettes, or a combination
- 1 tablespoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika
- 1 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Optional garnishes: minced cilantro, chopped chives, or sesame seeds
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed. coco aminos for paleo)
- 2 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 4 large garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s or Cholula)
BBQ Bourbon Sauce
- 3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (try this BBQ sauce for chicken!)
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high heat and oil your grill. Or use a grill matt, if you have one.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the spices over the chicken wings and toss until they are evenly coated.
- Put the chicken wings on the BBQ and close the lid. After 5 mintues, turn the wings over. Repeat turning over the wings 2 more times. They will cook for 20 minutes total.
- Once they are cooked, serve them on their own or toss them in one of the 3 sauces.
Make the sauces
All of the sauces are made the same way. Add the ingredients for the sauce you want to make to a small pot. Bring it to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat to medium-high and continue to boil for 3 minutes. The sauces will all thicken a little as they cool.
For Whole30 chicken wings make sure not to toss them in any of the sauces. They are delicious hot off the grill!