Grilled Chicken Wings are the best chicken wings ever! The smoky flavor from the grill is totally crave-worthy. Whether you eat them hot off the grill or dipped in one of my three favorite chicken wing sauces, you will love them.
Grilled Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, drummets, wingettes, or a combination
- 1 tablespoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika
- 1 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Optional garnishes: minced cilantro, chopped chives, or sesame seeds
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed. coco aminos for paleo)
- 2 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 4 large garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s or Cholula)
BBQ Bourbon Sauce
- 3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (try this BBQ sauce for chicken!)
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high heat and oil your grill. Or use a grill mat, if you have one.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the spices over the chicken wings and toss until they are evenly coated.
- Put the chicken wings on the BBQ and close the lid. After 5 mintues, turn the wings over. Repeat turning over the wings 2 more times. They will cook for 20 minutes total.
- Once they are cooked, serve them on their own or toss them in one of the 3 sauces.
Make the sauces
All of the sauces are made the same way. Add the ingredients for the sauce you want to make to a small pot. Bring it to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat to medium-high and continue to boil for 3 minutes. The sauces will all thicken a little as they cool.
For Whole30 chicken wings make sure not to toss them in any of the sauces. They are delicious hot off the grill!